The first Council Meeting for 2020 is on tonight (4/2/2020) and it has an action packed agenda which features
- height limits for interim height controls in our Neighbourhood (lesser) Activity Centres and an updated Activity Centre Strategy,
- proposed review of GE much criticised 2014 open space strategy, and
- plans to review recommended planning approval for a 9 storey development (surrounded by residential areas with a mandatory maximum height limit of 3 stories) in Gardenvale
Save Glen Eira believes this Agenda foreshadows future 2020 Agenda items and following on from our earlier October, 2020 Council Election posting encourages residents to either attend the meeting or watch it via live-streaming (http://webcast.gleneira.vic.gov.au/).
Watching the live-streaming or attending the meeting presents an opportunity to come to grips with the issues discussed, Council’s decision -making processes and to assess Councillor performance. This assessment will enable you to develop your voting criteria for the October elections – the criteria will be applicable to both current incumbents seeking re-election and new councillor candidates.
As an FYI – at this stage (early days) of the election process we do not know which of the current Councillors will seek re-election in October and, although in contact with some potential new candidates, will await the official list of Councillor Candidates published by the Victorian Electoral Commission (22/9/2020) prior to presenting a candidate listing.
To provide residents with some background information:
- A map of Glen Eira Council Wards, together with incumbents names, and
- Copies of the incumbents 2016 Election Statements and details of Councillor history
GLEN EIRA’s ELECTORAL WARDS
If you would like ask a question or comment on this posting, please link to our Facebook page