Glen Eira Update: Action Needed
Glen Eira has inundated its residents with drafts for consideration:
- 2021-22 draft Annual Budget https://www.haveyoursaygleneira.com.au/2021-2022-draft-annual-budget Feedback closes June 4th; Online drop-in session 31st May
- 2040 Community Vision https://www.haveyoursaygleneira.com.au/a-healthy-connected-and-thriving-glen-eira Consultation concludes June 20th
- Neighbourhood Activity Centres Built Form Framework. Feedback closes June 14
- Caulfield South https://www.haveyoursaygleneira.com.au/caulfield-south-neighbourhood-activity-centre Online Community information session June 2nd
- Caulfield Park https://www.haveyoursaygleneira.com.au/caulfield-park-neighbourhood-activity-centre Online Community Information Session June 3rd
- Bentleigh East https://www.haveyoursaygleneira.com.au/bentleigh-east-neighbourhood-activity-centre Online Community Information Session May 24th
We presented many questions on last year’s budget and received polite replies, but no answers.
Last year’s Press Release on the Community Vision made a mockery of data collection.
Neighbourhood Centres under threat
Council has provided a survey for residents to complete. The problem is that the survey is not asking the questions we would like to answer. Check out https://gleneira.blog/2021/05/12/is-this-fair-dinkum-consultation/
If the survey does not provide scope for your concerns. Download a letter to the site and send a copy to Councillors. Once these 3 neighbourhood Centres are approved (draft also includes a Local Centre), Neighbourhood Centres across the Glen Eira will follow. Once a precedent is set…
Caulfield South is one of the oldest settlements in Glen Eira, and many of the old shops will become glass and concrete high rise. We need heritage overlays to ensure that the neighbourhood character is maintained and the new buildings are designed around the old
We ask for your support for the Neighbourhood Centres. Council will only listen if we have the numbers. A proforma letter is attached if you wish to use it.
Many of you have already written to Councillors. Thank you. However, Council will only count the formal responses to the draft in their data collection. We need to download letters to the survey boxes.